Saturday, February 9, 2013

Linet's Final Rest



  . . . to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness, that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified. 
 Isaiah 61:3


Come to Me, all you who labour and are heavy laden, and I
will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle
and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls, for my yoke is easy and
my burden is light.
Matthew 11: 28-30

Dear friends,

I mentioned in my last post that Little Linet has passed on to her eternal rest.  Jonah visited Linet's family and learned that on Wednesday they will travel from near Nakuru, Kenya to Kisumu, Kenya in the far west of Kenya to the traditional home land of the Luo Tribe.

Although the distance between Nakuru and Kisumu does not look so far on this map, it is a distance of many hours journey that the family will have to make to lay little Linet to rest.

Mama Linet (in orange). Jonah took her a gift of some food and some funds to help with the travel.

Please keep this family in your prayers as they travel and prepare for the funeral.
God bless.

11 comments:

snowwhite said...

Joyful,
It's a very sad news. My prayers to Linet and her family.
Food, medicine, water, fortune, money and more are unbalanced in the world.
keiko

Sr Crystal Mary Lindsey said...

My heart so goes out to this family. Yes it is a long distance.. how very hard it will be for them...
Have you seen the boy in South Africa who taught himself to build a windmill?? He is amazing..
Please take the time to see it, it could help some families you might know?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arD374MFk4w&list=FLCaqYuEWaz45SnuvZsWMofw&index=7

With much love Crystal xxx

Jo said...

Penny, I know how far it is by car, and these people have either take a motorbike taxi or go on foot, so it's very, very strenuous. My heart is with Jonah as he ministers to Mama Linet and her family in this sad time. Bless you for caring. Jo

Lonicera said...

Sorry Penny - I sent you my e-mail before I read your updated blog. I had this dream that we would one day help send Linet on her way with her deformity corrected... I can't believe malaria has snatched her away. Is there a donation link on your blog these days?
Caroline

Joyful said...

Hi Caroline, I shared your dream. It is sad that the little one could not get to the hospital sooner but that is how it is for those who are destitute. I don't have a donation button or link but you can send it to the email for this blog (on profile). Funds will be sent Monday. Thanks so much!

Joyful said...

Thank you dear Jo, I know you understand well the situation for the poverty striken in Africa. Thank you for your care and love. God bless. xx

Joyful said...

Thank you Crystal Mary for your kind words and for the site referral. Love, Joyful xx

Joyful said...

Thank you Keiko san. I appreciate your prayers for the family. Love. Joyful

Anonymous said...

Penny,
I'm very sorry to hear about little Linet.
I will say a prayer for her family.

Joyful said...

Thank you, Pat. Your prayers for the family are appreciated at this difficult time.

Denise said...

Prayers continue, love you.

A Few Days in March ~ Skywatch Friday

Hello friends and fellow bloggers. I hope Spring is treating you well so far. It's been roller coaster weather where I live with mostly ...