Saturday, July 18, 2015

Saturday's Critters


The following beauties were all photographed at Vancouver's Bloedel Conservatory last week.

The conservatory contains three habitats: tropical rainforest, subtropical rainforest, and desert. Over 200 birds of various species reside within the dome and are allowed to fly free.



I love the deep, rich colours in these plants.
 
The Bloedel Floral Conservatory houses about 500 species and varieties of plants from deep jungle to desert clime, all within the dome. The conservatory is home to Bougainvilleas and Browallias, citrus and coffee trees, Eucalypti and epiphytes, Euphorbia and various figs, Gardenia and Hibiscus. Magnolia trees share space with delicate lilies, yucca with pteris (ferns).


Perhaps you can just make out the waterfall beyond the palm fronds.


Also on display are an array of tropical fish. 

Koi Fish Pond

If you missed my post about the macaws and cockatoo at the Conservatory, you might want to have a look here.

Today I'm joining in with host Eileen at Saturday's Critters.

16 comments:

Jan said...

Beautiful photographs Penny. Looks a great place for a visit.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Well now that would be a challange to find 200 birds at that place. I would love it and would spend hours in there. Love all your images. Have a great weekend.

eileeninmd said...

Wonderful images from the Conservatory! The birds are pretty and the flowers are beautiful! Thank you so much for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy weekend!

EG CameraGirl said...

I love visiting place like this! There's so much to see!

John's Island said...

Hi Joyful, Thanks for taking us back to Vancouver's Bloedel Conservatory once again. It amazes me that the birds are allowed to fly free. Great post for Saturday's Critters! And I love the flower pics as well. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous photos! Looks like a great place to visit. I enjoyed both the birds and the flowers.

Mereknits said...

Such gorgeous photos my friend.
Hugs to you,
Meredith

Gayle said...

And beauties they are!

Denise said...

lovely.

Debbie Harris said...

Oooh what a beautiful place to see! To think that all the birds fly free in the dome, how wonderful.
I must go and see your other post. :-)
Thank you for sharing this beauty with us.
Have a blessed week end ~ Debbie

jabbott said...

I would love to visit this place, my children would love it here!!

Cynthia said...

What a gorgeous place! I really enjoyed your photos of the tropical birds and flowers. I wish I could photograph birds like that!

21 Wits said...

What a fun place, and great captures!

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Sounds (and looks) like a great way to take a trip to the rainforest without all the traveling.

;-)

Nancy Chan said...

An interesting place to visit. Thank you for showing all the lovely photos.

Irene said...

Great captures ... and a nice place to visit!

A Few Days in March ~ Skywatch Friday

Hello friends and fellow bloggers. I hope Spring is treating you well so far. It's been roller coaster weather where I live with mostly ...