Saturday, October 3, 2015

October Sky


I've enrolled in a short Spanish course.

On my first day of class, I captured the scene above while I was having a quick lunch purchased from one of the food trucks in the photo.

The weather was beautiful and you can see that the sky was such a lovely clear blue.  Also you can see that the leaves are turning golden and red.

I hope the weather is lovely wherever you are.

I am late adding my photo link to Skywatch but have been under the weather this week.

Am now taking medicine and should be feeling better in a few days.
It is Super Moon edition at Skywatch Friday.
I don't have a zoom lens or an expensive camera so my Super Moon looks so far away and small.

I had to cut out the the trees and buildings from my photo because the city lights made the moon photos too blurry.

Perhaps I can borrow a zoom lens before the next Super Moon and see if my photos are any better.



I'm on my way to an evening with  the Symphony.

I hope you are doing something you enjoy this weekend.

14 comments:

Red said...

Spanish? Now that's a good way to exercise your mind and then top it off with a concert!

Stephanie said...

Love your new header image. Enjoy the concert!

Denise said...

such beautiful pictures

Hannah said...

Beautiful blue sky and fall color, Penny. I didn't study Spanish but it would be useful. I have a Spanish Moon song on my blog, Casa de Luna. Your moon looks very bright! Tonight I am babysitting grandkids (5).

Linda said...

Lovely photos, and I wish you all the best in your Spanish course! :)

Jo said...

You're amazing, Penny! Spanish course and still all the other interesting things you do. Sorry you've been feeling ill; hope all is well now. I love your moon shot. Blessings Jo

jabbott said...

Lovely autumnal scenery, enjoy your Spanish class. Sorry to hear you have not been well, I hope what ever wrong you your medication kicks in soon xx

Jan said...

Thank you for the photos. Lovely October! A Spanish class sounds fun, hope you enjoy the new learning.

Mereknits said...

Good for you taking the class. Hope you have a wonderful day.
Hugs,
Meredith

Nancy Chan said...

So good to see clear blue sky and autumn leaves everywhere. Over here we are still enduring the hazy days which instead of clearing up, it has worsen!

betty-NZ said...

Any shots of the moon make me feel like a part of the universe, so don't worry about not having equipment :)

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

October is beautiful in your area! Congrats on taking the Spanish class. I should do that!

John's Island said...

Hi Joyful, Neat idea on the Spanish course. I find that we are inspired in similar ways ... how about that? :-)

Cynthia said...

Spanish lessons are a great idea. There are so many opportunities to put it to use. Including eavesdropping! There is a significznt Hispanic population in the little town Im living in in South Carolina and I enjoy going into the little shops and trying out my Spanish. Mostly they are are very patient and even appreciative.

Hello New Week

Hello friends and fellow bloggers, I hope you are all doing well. In my corner of the world, I've been enjoy all the lovely tree blossom...