Saturday, April 11, 2015

Saturday's Critters



Hello friends, I hope all of you are well this fine weekend.


We were expecting rain in Vancouver but it turned out to be a pleasant day with intermittent sunshine.  It allowed me to get a wee bit of work done in the garden. I planted some cabbage, beets and lettuce. 


The other day I planted several types of flowers and managed to put some pansies into containers, as well as some geraniums and a few pots of herbs.

I still have a few more spaces I can plant so hope to do that next week as we are expecting rain now for the next few days.


This is one of many baboons I photographed in Lake Nakuru National Park. In another post I will show more of them.

Baboons are fun creatures to observe and you can spend hours watching them. I especially love it when I see a baby baboon with it's mother.



These goats slowed down our progress on the highway between Nakuru and Marigat in Kenya.

Goats are common creatures in Kenya.  Many people raise them in place of cattle or in addition to cattle.


I've always enjoyed observing goats too, especially the baby goats (kids).



Joining Saturday's Critters with our host Eileen.

 

26 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Your blossoms are lovely.. And I would love to see the baboons and the goats.. Great critters and photos..Thank you for linking up and sharing your post.. Have a happy weekend!

Maude Lynn said...

I love that baboon capture! Wow!

KT said...

Needing to get to yardwork...the blossoms are just starting around here.

Stephanie said...

Delightful pictures, dear Penny :) May you have a blessed Sunday! Hugs

jabbott said...

The wildlife in Kenya is amazing, what a beautiful place x

Unknown said...

Beautiful blossoms and great critters. Have a great day!

Debbie said...

it is wonderful to see them roaming free, no cages, not a care in the world!! your header is beautiful and i LOVE the name of your blog!!!!

DeniseinVA said...

I have always enjoyed nature shows on TV, especially on the Baboons. So wonderful to see them roaming free. The goats are very cute also.

Irma said...

Beautiful photo of the blossom.
I like the baboon and the goats.

John's Island said...

Hi Joyful, What a great smile you gave me when I saw this link up with Saturday Critters. Now just tell me ... How many people can post their photos of baboons in Africa? :-) I like this "Saturday Critters" meme. I want to add John's Island to this but I'm going to have to work on getting together a worthy post ... So, gonna be on the lookout for Critters! Thanks, as always, for sharing your photos.

A Colorful World said...

Great photos! What a fun post. I envy your garden start!

Bob Bushell said...

Beautiful Kenya images, cheers Joyful.

Hannah said...

Fun shots of the baboon and goats. The goat keepers here seem to have to give them quite a few vaccines and have disease problems, I wonder what care the African goat keepers give.

Ela said...

Gorgeous photos of these beautiful animals !!!
Greetings

TexWisGirl said...

wonderful critters in a great land. :)

MadSnapper said...

I love goats and that one looks like he is taking a nap... have only seen baboon in movies and a zoo once..

carol l mckenna said...

Hope that goat was napping? Great shots of the goats and baboons ~ Jus like Ireland the sheep and goats take up the country side roads ~

Happy week coming to you,
artmusedog and carol

Al said...

Great shots from a place I'd love to visit.

Stephanie said...

Pretty cool in capturing these critters. The blossoms are beautiful!

Rajesh said...

Beautiful flowers and great shot of critters.

Anonymous said...

Cute critters, but it's the blossoms that blew me away.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Your Africa pictures never fail to awe me. Such amazing experiences, I can hardly imagine.

Gattina said...

I wished we had some monkeys in our streets, but there are only human once !

Stewart M said...

Goats on the road is not the kind of traffic hazard I have to face! I think my world may be too tame!

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

Kayni said...

Fascinating photo you got of a Baboon. Were there a lot of 'em or was this one traveling alone?

Lynne said...

I liked seeing the goats and the baboon in Kenya . . . I'll keep looking through your posts for more Kenya stories . . .

A Few Days in March ~ Skywatch Friday

Hello friends and fellow bloggers. I hope Spring is treating you well so far. It's been roller coaster weather where I live with mostly ...